Sunday, August 03, 2008

Another bit of old skool MTV Partyzone

There are so many of these Meditation rave clips on Utube (10 in total, I think). Here's number one. It was shot at our hotel as we suddenly saw these people sitting around in a circle, singing these schlager songs...it was most bizarre. Still, they probably would have thought that the place we ended up in that night was bizarre, especially seeing all these kids (myself included) suck at balloons of laughing gas, which were sold at the bar. Much more fun than drinking alcohol, if you ask me. And no hang-over!

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that I am the only regular reader of Simone's blogs. If you people don't think so, say it in a comment. In that way we can count how many we are.

Anonymous said...

Your British accent is excellent. But we want to hear how you speak Dutch.

Simone said...

Yes, it's funny that you say that. I am happy enough about my English accent, but rather unhappy about my Dutch one. I notice it these days since I host my radioshow in Aruba in both Dutch & English. I think I need to focuss on my Dutch accent some more the way I have done on my English one in the past (isn't it crazy for a Dutch person to be saying that? Oh well, it's the truth though)

Oh, and you can hear me talk Dutch on Michiel Veenstra's blog (www.michielveenstra.nl)

Anonymous said...

Hi Simone!
I love both of your blogs, I read every single post, even though I never left any comment. I'm sure a lot of people are reading the whole blog, there's no need to count! :-)
This bit from Meditation is one of many I lost because MTV was encrypted in '96! Grrr!
I'll leave more comments to your posts!

Anonymous said...

I'm also a regular reader of both your blogs, Simone, and I also leave some comments every now and again. You're amazing, Simone, I think I've told you lots of times already.

This edition of the Party Zone from the meditation rave was brilliant. I only wish MTV played 2 hours straight of jungle vids TODAY.
Funnily enough, this edition of PZ went out on free terrestrial TV in Italy, as MTV Europe used to be rebroadcast on a local channel back then. :-)