Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Getting nostalgic about the nineties

In my last post I mentioned that more and more people seem to be getting nostalgic about the nineties these days...well, may I just join in with that for a moment? With two equally crap videos that accompanied some amazing bits of dance music history. I would add 'Strings of life' to this too, but did that even have a video?

I used to get quite epileptic from the 'Stakker humanoid' clip, but still continued to watch it anyhow.

So, let's go back in time: LFO followed by Humanoid. And you just try and wipe that grin of your face whilst listening to it ; )

I know I can't....



7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

100 % kick ass!

iamspecial said...

aaaah yes, when music vids were good. :D

great choons!

Unknown said...

Hi

When i was younger i always watched MTVpartyzone, since then i m an electronic music addict.

I wanted to send you a link to documentary about the underground scene in 90s in the uk and europe. But it s not easy to send you an email so thats why i abuse this Linkedin website :)

The documentary is called World Travellers Adventures.
The first part is about the spiral tribe soundsystem
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/World%2BTraveller%2BAdventures/video/xgn2r_world-traveller-adventuresspiral-tr_music

The other episodes in the documentary are about soundsystems cruising the planet (india africa sarajevo)

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/World%2BTraveller%2BAdventures
Enjoy
- Gabor

Anonymous said...

Wow! Stakker Humanoid, one of my favourite techno tracks! I remember myself in 1991-92 watching it on MTV's Party Zone or playing the tape of that show in my living room! Lights turned off, loud volume, and wild dancing on my own, while the flashing images seemed to move around all objects in the room! And the same for "Dominator" by Human Resource! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Nostalgic about the nineties indeed. I'm looking at you back in -94 at the moment. I've dusted off my VHS-collection with recorded PartyZone-videos from the early nineties and transfering them to digital media. Memories.. oh those beautiful memories.. and much thanks to you!
// r0ger (sweden)

The Yakone said...

do you remember a rave scene documentary on Mtv in the late 90's? It was dope, showed some old school rave footage with some dancers

The Yakone said...

do you remember a rave scene documentary on Mtv in the late 90's? It was dope, showed some old school rave footage with some dancers