Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My family 'on tour'

We've been 'on the road' with our two little kids for the last month now (England, US, Belize and Aruba) and with all this traveling I'm still not in the mood for much blogging. Still, I just wanted to share with you which songs really did it for me when we were in the UK two weeks ago. Okay, so these were it:
  1. Brainstorm by the Arctic Monkeys (crazy music style, a kind of punk, metal, pop mash-up...absolutely genius. Guess there was substance behind all the hype over this band)
  2. Your love is not enough by the Manic Street Preachers and Nina from the Cardigans (Nina's vocals are hauntingly beautiful. I hope that she's more fun these days though than she was in the nineties when I interviewed her band the Cradigans and rated it as my most boring interview ever!)
  3. Get down! by Groove Armada (brilliant party tune! Love Groove Armada! And I would love, love, love to see these guys play live one day. Everyone seems to agree that they are a great live act)

And my one-year-old's favorite track was NYC Beat by Armand Van Helden. Yep, he's a little raver already. Well done my boy! Mummy is proud of you!

Anyway, in June we'll be back in Belize and that's when I'll sit down and write some 'proper' posts again.

Love.....

0 Comments: