Friday, May 09, 2008

Radio show number 2

Well, I've made it through my first performance with the band and also my first radio show for Cool FM. As a matter of fact, my next show is on tomorrow morning. This whole week has been filled with learning to use new software, finding out how to convert music files, edit them, etc.

It's such fun working at Cool FM. Everyone is super friendly on the team and there is a certain excitement to the station that I enjoy. That real 'start-up' feeling that MTV Europe had as well when I first joined. I've always functioned better in 'start-up' situations anyhow. Once companies become corporations I usually bail out. I just don't enjoy working for corporations, eventhough the rewards that you receive for that are often high. Give me the excitement of the chase for 'greatness' over actual 'greatness' any time.

And as a great man once said (was it Ghandi by any chance?):

'True success should not be measured by what one receives,
But rather by what one has to give up'

Whenever I've worked for corporations I have felt that I had to give up on many of my ideals and conviction and therefor give up part of who I was. That was definatelly my feeling at MTV once the original vibe had left the company.

So anyway, what I'm trying to say, is that I am enjoying myself very much here in Aruba at Cool FM.

0 Comments: