Friday, June 20, 2008

The power of dance/Where the hell is Matt? Utube Clip

I love, love, love this following Utube clip....

It reminds me again that deep down we are all one people. We all want the same things in life, we want the best for our children, we want peace, we want to enjoy ourselves and we want to have the freedom to do so.

If only we could put away our prides, stop fighting and start dancing!

This clip reminds me of the peace rallies we attended in Israel and the Middle East & specifically of one night in a restaurant in Beirut where (without planning it) we were with a most diverse group of people: Dutch, English, Germans, Americans, Africans, Jews and Arabs. That night we all taught eachother how we dance. There were Muslims dancing arm in arm with Christians, we were all taught how to belly dance, we were taught African tribal dances, we did silly techno/gabber dances...it was a night none of us will ever forget. We all saw the significance of that evening and it touched us all.

I feel so blessed for having witnessed people dancing and celebrating together all over the world.

And, when I die, I want the following words on my grave:

'You can dance here if you like'

So dance on my dear friends....may peace be with you!

1 Comment:

Simca said...

Thanks for these thoughts. Life is good.