Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Latest BPA release: Seattle ft.Emmy the Great

I want to love this track, but I don't. I have always been a huge fan of Norman Cook's work and love some of the stuff that Emmy the Great has done, but this track just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I should say 'yet'. Maybe it will grow on me.

Of course, with the US election going on right now (no results in yet whilst I am writing this), the song is well-timed. And if Obama wins and the world feels optimistic again about the future of America, it will be even more fitting. We will have to wait and see.

Personally, I am looking forward to the general release of the track 'He's Frank' from BPA, featuring Iggy Pop. Now that's a good tune. I wonder if it will ever be released as a single.

5 Comments:

Eurodance Blog said...

Hi Simone! I'm not talking about the election .. because i had enough :)
i want to watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thOxW19vsTg
did you know??

best regards

Simone said...

How funny. I actually know the guy who created the technology for that hologram. He has been working on that for many, many years. I believe Disney was the first to use the technology of him. Cool to see it on CNN.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, you know everybody!
Like I believe you!

Eurodance Blog said...

This news with the hologram was at all tv's. They said it was a premiere :)..

Regards

Simone said...

It is true that through my rather unconventional lifestyle I have met huge amounts of people from all walks of life. Is there a problem with that Croom? Why do you suggest that I am bragging here?

Anyway, his name is Roger Nelson and the first time the technology was used was for some Disney anniversary. They did a Michael Jackson Thriller ride or something. Anyway, I am sure it's come a long way since then. I guess back then you had to stand at a certain distance and angle to see it properly or something and now the technology has improved to the levels we saw on CNN. I don't talk too often to Nelson these days and don't know if he is still involved with this technology.

The last time we emailed he was working on the following (and, as you will see, the early stages of anything look much less interesting than the end result). This is what he emailed me:

OmniDirectional Treadmill http://youtube.com/watch?v=BQw1tsgrJOs
Imagine the actor wearing a head mounted display wandering any direction through the virtual world. My good friend holds the patent. This one is at the ARL Army Research lab - we've gotten 240,000+ youtube views!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EF7qx5mbsv8 This is the technology I just delivered to Huntsville AL and I just set up here in Emeryville. I am also setting up an optical capture system in my lab. There are many other "Animazoo" videos on youtube with our equipment.

He also invented that thing that Dr. Evil in Austin Powers used to ride on (the one that you stand on)

Anyway, Roger was looking for an intern when I last spoke to him. Something for you Croom?