Friday, August 08, 2008

What the hell happened to Nikka Costa?

I just stumbled across this old clip of Nikka Costa and remembered how much I loved her album 'Everybody got their something' in, what was it, 2001?

So anyway, I checked her MySpace page and apparently she has recorded a new album, called 'Pebble to a Pearl' which she'll release on Stax Reocrds on September 23rd.

So here it is, her old stuff (major label) and her new (small label) stuff. Nikka says that she is much happier with her music now that she is away from the majors. But what do you think?





Find more videos like this on Nikka Costa

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

"Like A Feather" was much better. It seems that she was doing more eclectic stuff back when she was on a major. I don't like her new vid/song.

By the way, yeah, "Like A Feather" was released in the summer of 2001.

Anonymous said...

How do you see your future?
Do you expect everything to be pretty much the same as now?

Simone said...

No, I definately do not see my future as 'pretty much the same as now'.

When I was a little girl I said that I wanted to live a 1000 different lifes in this lifetime.

And, even though I will not manage 1000 different lifes, I have lived through some very different and unussual chapters to far.

So I see my future as exciting and unpredictable & am looking forward to whatever comes next.

I love change! It is what I thrive on.